Changing hydraulic fittings

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Changing hydraulic fittings
From: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@dnai.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:38:04 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello fellow listers,

I was wondering if anyone has info on how to change the female fitting on
the clutch master cylinder to accept "American" style fittings.  I put in
the Rivergate 5 speed kit a while back and I'm getting a slow leak at the
master cylinder.  It's not a big one, but just enough that I lose pressure
over time, and sometimes the clutch goes away unless I pump the pedal a few
times.  It seems I can't get the hang of using the flaring tool.  If there
is some way to convert,  I can buy brake lines with the fittings and
flarings already done.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Dublin, CA