? MEET ?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: ? MEET ?
From: Albert F Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:03:06 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
OK - Everyone.

                   It begins to look as if there are a few people who
really are interested in doing this 'thang'.  So.  First we need to decide
when we are going to do it.  The Healey Round Up in April would be fine by
me, or any other time - hunting season  - or otherwise- since we aren't
constrained by anything much except the race calendar.

                  We have enough room for RVs or tents or whatever, so long
as we don't get thousands  of folks deciding that they want to attend.  We
can work out the logistics when we know how many people are coming, and when.

                  If we do it later in the year - after hunting season is
over - we have had an offer of someone who is prepared to come and shoot
some deer to freeze and keep for the bar-b-q (Did I spell that right?).  A
great idea as far as I am concerned.

                  I'll have to come up with some general guidelines - we
have a 3 yr. old grandson who lives with us, and we have a daughter of 15
also, so ............. you will understand I am sure.  Incidentally, these
two are NOT mother and son.  So, a 'G' rated event is in order.  I know
that may put some people off - but- oh well.

                 We can certainly make this into a swap meet - be they lies
or parts - and I think we could have a really good time.  Just think about
our location.  Some of you may well be put off by the summer heat - so lets
make it at a time when the weather is pleasant for everyone - especially
those who may be sleeping in tents.

                Be advised that we really are w-a-y off the beaten track,
although only about 25 miles from Kerrville, and about 70 miles or so from
San Antonio.  We could have a gimmick rally from SA to here - that would be
fun.  We can get enough local volunteers to help with that.

                 Lets get together on this thing, and sort out what we
really want to do - and go from there.  Let me know what y'all want to do.
- See, I didn't use a Lancashire accent on that one - did I?

Elizabeth
Comfort, TX