My UK perspective Re: Club Apathy

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: My UK perspective Re: Club Apathy
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:19:30 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have to admit that I am lapsed member of 3 car clubs and even when I was a
member rarely went to events.

My experience is that you either race a car which I can't afford or show an
imaculate car which I can't afford.  About a decade ago I did take my car to
a show and it was just about the tattiest car their and I have vowed not to
repeat the experience until I can at least get all the body panels the same
shade of red and free of rot if not minor rust.

I would go to events that were for tatty cars, basket cases, modified road
cars and greasy tech sessions.

Just my two pence worth

Daniel1312    \o/