Re: latest noise

To: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>, <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <jboatri@emory.edu>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: latest noise
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:34:35 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well now every auto manual I have seen in recent years shows the rotation
of radials from front to back only. Not crossed over from side to side.
Also I recall that for a time there were 2 BY THE BOOK recomendations for
rotating tires - one for bias-ply and one for radials. This recomendation
also came from my brother-in-law that worked for years in the tire
industry, for Michelin. Now I also said this may not be true for newer
tires but it was for years!!! Maybe you just got lucky.

Larry

PS Jeff noted that his retailer stated this is not true for tires made in
the last 10 years.

At this exact moment in time 10/20/99 15:34, wizardz@maxinter.net made
the profound statement:

>Hogwash!
>radials can run in either direction!
>I've been rotating mine for years BY THE BOOK which crosses
>over side to side...on LBCs on my 10.5x31 radial truck tires... no problems
>
>Ask Pirelli, Goodyear, Avon, Mich, they'll all tel you the same thing.
>

>Paul Tegler
>OBie - 1973 BGT - Daily Driver
>http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
>Rat - 1980 Spitfire  w/  O/D - in re-hab
>http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit80.htm
>Punkin' - 1978 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
>http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
>Greene - 1972 Round Wheel arch MG Midget in the works
>email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.