Re: bugeyes on eBay

To: dthompson@gbc.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bugeyes on eBay
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:54:17 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
When I looked, there were three bugeyes on ebay.  One was BRG with yellow
orange wire wheels!  First bid was $5000.00?  It seems that on ebay the
seller must be making the first bid just to see if anyone will better it.

The second, a 1961? bugeye with a lot of pictures and what seemed to be a
very honest representation.  Looked like a pretty good buy at $2700, but I
would worry about the rust some of the pictures show.  Good of him to show it
anyway.  I think I would be more comfortable buying this one than the $5000
one with only two pictures.

The third was actually two 1959s, one a parts car, no pictures and in CT.
Could be a buy at $1500, the current bid, or could be $500 worth of rust for
$1500.

R. Houston
having fun looking anyway,...beats working....