Re: Lock replacement set

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Lock replacement set
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 17:26:52 -0400
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Charles D. Sorkin" wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> This weekend or next I hope to install new locks (doors and boot lid) for
> the Midget.  Are there any important tricks or traps to watch out for?  How
> much time should I budget for the procedures?

Charles

Once you get the door locks out, the new ones go in real easy.
Just pop them in.
If you are re-keying your old trunk lock, remove the handle from the
trunk, invest in a set of small pin punches, you will need them to drive
out the small pins in the lock. Again you will need a small hammer for
the pin punches ;)
If you are changing the whole handle it is a direct bolt in.
Plan on a couple hours for the job. Lube everything while it is apart.

--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will