Re: spridget axle shafts

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spridget axle shafts
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:25:14 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bryan,

There wouldn't be any difference between left and right except to have
installed them on the same side from which they were removed. Of course you
would have to have labeled them at the time to know.

Gerard

At 11:26 AM -0700 10/26/99, Bryan Vandiver wrote:
>While I was cleaning out and organizing all my extra sprite parts, I was
>looking
>over three extra rear axle half-shafts that I have. I noticed that one
>shaft is
>~1/8 inch longer than the other two, as well as some other subtle
>differences.
>
>Are all spridget shafts compatible??
>Are there 'left' and 'right' shafts??
>
>When I assembled my bugeye, I used axle shafts from a '78 midget, so far I
>don't
>seem to have any problems, but when I installed them, I didn't differentiate
>between right or left.
>
>Regards,
>Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)
>San Jose, CA

If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos... then you
probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A