Re: Hissstoric wheels

To: Glen <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: Hissstoric wheels
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:55:52 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Boy, those fit the description of mine exactly, only with a different
plastic center. Are the center cone a press fit to the center of the wheel
with small inverted dimples around the inserted edge? These were probably
made by one vendor and supplied with different caps for different retail
brands.

Gerard

>To the list
>
>After sending a jpeg to Gerard of my car, he had a question about
>my wheels.  AS I told Gerard, the wheels on my '59 are Shelby mags.
>Simple four hole alum. 13-5.  I've got three of the plastic center
>hole caps, anyone out there have a fourth?  The caps are flat-topped
>cones of silver plastic with a Cobra molded into them and the "Shelby"
>name superimposed over the snake.
>                       Regards, Glen Byrns

If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos... then you
probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A