Re: Jacks

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jacks
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 13:24:15 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/3/99 11:27:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> nosimport@mailbag.com writes:
>
> << Allen, In MHO the reason they are so rare is that once they are used and
>  the car falls off it or the jack dents or bashes the side of the car in,
>  they get tossed to the side of the road with the single shoes and the
>  8-track tapes. For show purposes only. Scissors jacks for utility.
>  Peter C >>
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> Yeah, you are probably right.  I hope I can find a used, rare, original MG
> scissors jack on e-bay for less than $150.00.  (Just kidding!)  And please
> don't knock 8-track tapes.

Allen

I have a few MG sissors jacks too. These are real rare as they came out
of MG Toyotas. You want one? $300, I'll list it on Ebay. Or let me know
and I'll give it to you when ever I finally do see you face to face.
Peter is dead right about the original jack gouging the body as you jack
down the car, no going up mind you, you jack up the car and the jack
tilts, omly when it comes down does the tilt cause the rachet to dig
into the paint. (How do I know this?)
The jack that really works great and is small is a VW Jetta jack, it
fits the lower rocker lip and also fits in the original jack roll.
It does not work well on rusty rocker cars though.

--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will