Carbs was Re: New To List

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, t.williams@mrg.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Carbs was Re: New To List
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 08:51:10 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On the 1500 engine you can fit a single sidedraught DCOE Weber or a pair of
twin sidedraught DCOE Webers.

Don't listen to those who say that the DCOE requires more experience and know
how to calibrate - they are talking out of their ar**.  It is in fact the
DGV/DGAV that is more difficult to calibrate.

The fact is that the downdraught DGV/DGAV Weber has only a couple of things
more to calibrate yet by its design involves more variables because it has a
primary and secondary system so can take twice as long to get right.  The
DCOE Weber is a superior carb and perfectly suitable for road use (I have
used one on my only and roadgoing Sprite for over a decade and it almost
never gives me any trouble).

Daniel1312   \o/

In a message dated 07/11/99 12:12:04 GMT Standard Time, Lancer7676@aol.com