RE: Radar traps!

To: "'conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com'" <conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Radar traps!
From: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 07:29:45 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Along this line,  I worked for the cellular phone company that served the
China Lake Naval Weapons center. I had a site on a mountain  (government
peak for those who would know) that looked into the range on the north and
also saw Edwards AFB to the south.  The Airforce pilots would try and sneak
into China lake without being seen by the Navy controllers, (Radar
avoidance) and would usually get pounced upon by the Navy boys. All this
would happen right over our heads.
 One day I was testing antennas with some sweep gear while watching a F-16
eat a F-14's lunch.  I took my antenna, cranked the test equipment as high
as it would go and pointed it at the lawn dart. (f-16).  He broke hard and
dove. I think I set off his missile warning gear.  About 10 minutes later he
buzzed with full burner.  The Tomcat went home tail tucked.