Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#197637915:AUSTIN/HEALEY BUG E

To: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#197637915:AUSTIN/HEALEY BUG EYE CHASSIS
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:25:06 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"VIN on the doorjamb" is the body number. not the "real" VIN number,
although I have a couple that are registered (in California) with the body
number. Probably because the original chassis number was lost. I was able
to trace the real VIN number with the body number via BMIHT and one of
these days (if I feel like dealing with the DMV bureaucracy), I may try to
get that fixed.

Gerard