Re: Veteran's Day Essay

To: richard.arnold@juno.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Veteran's Day Essay
From: Gary and Kate Bales <kgb@clipper.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:55:40 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Richard thanks for the heartfelt feelings of a true "Sailor" and your words
should be heard by the world.  I myself spent twenty years in the old canoe
club, did two tours inland Viet Nam.  I currently have two sons (both Chiefs)
serving on active duty.  My wife KATE is a veteran along with her father who
was the CO of the USS TALLADEGA during WWII and was on the USS MISSOURI as
part of the Chiefs of Staff for the surrender of JAPAN.  I have been an
American Legion Post Commander and a District Vice Commander.  I will let you
go and again THANK YOU for posting this!!!
Have a happy VETERANS DAY & GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
KATE & GARY "DOC" BALES  USN/RET