All I Can Say Is Wow

To: "Perry Cross" <ccc@netpipe.com>, "Steven Doelman" <KARININSEASIDE@webtv.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: All I Can Say Is Wow
From: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:55:53 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I think I can go uphill now.

Took the Bugeye and the new 1275 out for it's first run and all I can say is
WOW. Lays rubber taking off in 2nd. I'm going to break an axle if I don't
change my driving habits. This thing goes like hell. Still pulling strong at
90 in 4th. Pulls strong from 40 MPH on in 5th.

AND it's not really running very good. I've got the Weber downdraft (as set
up for the 948) on it while I'm waiting for parts for the sidedraught.

All I've done is adjust the valves and set the timing to about 10 deg BTDC
at idle.

When it hits 3500 RPM it's like the turbo kicks in.

I can hardly wait for the weekend. There are some hills I want to try. Sure
hope the rain stays north of here like it's supposed to.

Larry Miller