body number

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: body number
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 07:33:21 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>From memory only:

The number stamped into the area above the passengers footwell on Bugeyes is
the body number assigned to the car by the company that did the original
pressings. I believe the name of the company was Thompson's. All this is
explained in Horler's book. The numbers tend to be close to the actual
serial number, but can differ for all sorts of production line related
reasons. I do not believe that the British Motor Heritage Trust can identify
your car using only this number.

BTW, on my three early Bugeyes (595, 612 and 912) there is no such number.

Daniel58612