Fw: techies needed - wire wheel back space -(try it again)

To: <midgetspriteclub@listbot.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: techies needed - wire wheel back space -(try it again)
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:29:22 -0500
Cc: <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I need the techies to come out of the wood work on this one....

I looking into minilite style 13" 'ers for my '73 Midget to replace the wire
wheels.
I don't want to get rid of the WW's just yet, but want to save the fresh chrome
for special events in the future. I've found a source for 13" wheels (minilite
style)
that will fit as the wire wheels do...that being the knock off splined hub type
fittment.

My question is what backspace and wheel width fits correctly within the wheel
well
of a round wheel arch 1973 Midget? I'm also considering lowering the car
slightly
but it depends on clearances. Should I stay with the 5.5" width? Is the
backspace
requirements as far as the wheel is concerned, the same for both the bolt
on and splined hubs?

thanks very much in advance.

If these work out well.... I'll devulge my source ...as they appear to be quite
a bit cheaper
than the run-of-the-mill replicas you see advertised most places.

They can be purchased with one of several colors applied (at the factory)
to the spokes while the outer rim remains polished aluminum or chrome at
a very reasonable additional price.

Paul Tegler
OBie - 1973 BGT - Daily Driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Rat - 1980 Spitfire  - fledgling recently left the nest
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit80.htm
Punkin' - 1978 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil Greenee - 1973 Rnd Wheel Arch MG Midget in resto mode
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html
email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com