RE: Electrical Short!!

To: <Lancer7676@aol.com>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Electrical Short!!
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:48:10 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
David, Have you recently done any work under the dash or to the steering
column?  I had a similar problem with my 74 Midget a while ago.  I had taken
the two halves of the steering column between the steering wheel and dash
apart, for what I don't remember.  When I put them back together I
inadvertently pinched a wire to the turn signals, which after it wore a
while it shorted.

If you have a multimeter that will measure resistance, remove one component
at a time until the short disappears.  This will tell you which circuit the
problem is in, then try to trace the wiring of that circuit.

Good Luck.  If I can help at all just ask.

Ken Waringa