lcb & dellorto

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: lcb & dellorto
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 11:44:54 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Greetings
I don't know whether its the new extractors or the change in carburetion,
but I have loads more low to mid range power/torque and a much nicer array
of sound effects...I should have changed one at a time so I knew whats
responsible for the gains. It revved higher (6500rpm) than ever since
rebuilding it, and with seeming ease/enthusiasm. It would have kept on going
had I not backed off.
I'm having none of the starting problems that my brother experienced with
the dellorto last time he used it..maybe my dismantling all the bits to
compare them to vizard specs de-gummed it. It started straight away, with no
choke...mind you the choke sounds excellent.
Did a few miles today (30-40) so I'll pull a plug or two tomorrow and see
what they reveal about the mixture.
Finally it sounds and goes like a sportscar!
Andy