Re: Windshield Parts

To: Bkitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: Windshield Parts
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 23:05:32 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob, Annice,
      There is a rivet company in Los Angeles called Hanson Rivet.  They are the
ones I got the rivets to replace the plates on my valve cover.  They had the
correct aluminum tubular rivets for the job.  They even have the hand tool to
mushroom the tubular part on the inside of the valve cover just like the
original
ones.  When I called them, they tried to sell me a hundred or so of the rivets
at
a time as they mostly supply business with rivets.  I explained my situation
that
I would only need 4 to replace the two plates.  We came to a compromise by my
buying the hand tool ($25.00) to install them and he sent me a "sample bag"  of
about a dozen rivets each of 3 different sizes.  I've got enough rivets to last
for 6 more restorations.   They also sell the drive screw that are used to
attach
the engine ID plate to the engine block.  Their phone number is (323) 227-4000
or
you can order a catalog from their web site: www.hansonrivet.com

Mike MacLean-60 Sprite