Re: Daimler SP250 (Dart) question

To: Metallian6@aol.com
Subject: Re: Daimler SP250 (Dart) question
From: chuck <chuckc@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 20:32:11 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Man, they used to race the SP250s at the  Thompson (Connecticut)
Motor Speedway sports car track back in the '60s. They were so powerful (or
so low geared?) that they would smoke both rear tires coming out of the
last hairpin turn an up the bending front straight. More like a dragster than a
sports car. Looks sorta like an Alpine on steroids, right?

chuck