Re: ebay bidding

To: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Subject: Re: ebay bidding
From: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 22:20:28 -0500
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I am aware of this type of strategy being done at an antique auction back
about 13 years ago in Cincinnati, and the penalty was a stiff fine and some
time in jail for the three dealers who had agreed to take turns on items and
not to bid against one another.  It sounds crazy, but I do remember reading
about it in the paper.  (Maybe the lawyers on the list can verify that this
is still illegal.)

Bob