Re: shorrock vs. judson?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shorrock vs. judson?
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 02:22:38 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/4/99 5:50:38 PM, type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< John,
I have never talked with an owner of a car with a shorrock installed, but
Judson
owners with proper installations do not report substantial power gains. Other
than for historical curiosity, your time and $ would be better spent on other
engine mods and/or a 1275 engine swap.

Jay Fishbein >>

Just getting caught up on the e-mail so hope this is not out dated.  A
properly installed Judson will give you about a 45% horse power increase.
45%, on a dyno, is what I got when I had it installed on a 948.  A number of
folks are installing these units with different pulleys than the original and
would expect different results.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor) in progress