Idle speed continuing problem

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Idle speed continuing problem
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 17:00:06 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dear List:

Having tightened the carb to manifold bolts in order to presumably fix a
vacuum leak, I seem to be having a continuing problem with my idle speed.
At idle, RPM vary from 1000 (where it was originally set) to 1700.  As I
mentioned earlier, my exhaust gases were running hot.  I retarded the timing
a bit, but even though the RPMs came down slightly, I still can't get the
idle speed constant.

Any ideas?

The idle adjustment screws don't appear to be vibrating, and spraying carb
cleaner all around the intake manifold and throttle shafts did not reveal
that I still have a leak.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget