Fuel Line

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Line
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 18:08:26 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have bent some 1/4" steel tubing into a new fuel line for the Bugeye.
The original fuel line had an arrow shaped sleeve with a threaded
fitting that slipped over the sleev part and butted up against the arrow
head shaved part to tighten it into the fuel tank.  Those of you that
removed your fuel lines from your original tank will know what I mean.
Well, i cut off the sleeve and drilled it out to sweat solder it on the
new fuel line(the old one had a hole in it and was rusty).  It cracked
in half lengthwise when I applied heat to it.  Moss and VB sell regular
feerules for this application, I think.  Would a regular ferrule work
with a threaded fitting like the one that goes into the mechanical fuel
pump on the other end?  Has anyone made a new fuel line like this?  What
works?
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite