Re: Engine pulling

To: pauld@ekpc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine pulling
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:25:33 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/20/99 10:10:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, pauld@ekpc.com
writes:

<<  I have a Haynes book but haven't looked
 at it yet  >>

Paul:  There is great information on pulling the engine inthe Haynes.  Also,
I would suggest using the rearward Exhaust manifold bolt and the Generator
bolt on the front of the engine as anchor points, contrary to the oft
suggested valve cover bolts.  It just seems more secure to me, and one lister
reported one that came loose while lifting his engine.  (don't remember who
that was).

<< While the drivetrain is out, are there other parts that I should replace
while
 I'm in there? >>

This was the subject of a series of posts several weeks ago.  You might check
the archives as there were lots of good suggestions, but they all centered
around the idea of "false economy"   Lower end bearings, seals, timing chain,
clutch kit, and gaskets were all replacements that will prove to be valuable
while the engine is pulled.  Also check the engine mounts for solidity.

--David C.