Pedal pads & heater ducts

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pedal pads & heater ducts
From: "Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott" <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 23:26:40 +1100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Flying A pads were fitted to the whole BMC range during the fifties but
they were discontinued around 1960 because reportedly the plain pad was
cheaper.  Flying A pads can still be found but they're usually repro and so
are the boxes they come in.  During the eighties there was a booming trade
in repro ephemera and it may surprise you that some people may have been
unethical enough to pass them off as original!  I was shocked.

Re the heater duct; the paper/foil duct was fitted to BMC cars in Australia
from the late fifties (I've had several examples over the years) so it
wouldn't surprise me if it was fitted elswhere as well.

Peter