Ramblers....

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Ramblers....
From: richard.arnold@juno.com
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 21:47:08 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
So long as everyone is ramblin' about Ramblers....

I'm reminded of a '63 Rambler that used to run around these parts.  Four
door, grey, clean and neat.  Looked like something your great-aunt
Matilda drove, right down to the dog dish hubcaps.  'Course, Aunt Matilda
(unless she was from, oh, say, Pasadena...) never drove one of these.
Seems the owner got the car from an estate sale, and the body / interior
were great, but the engine was siezed up.  He had a 350 Chevy, and a lot
of time.  TH350, Ford 9" rear, etc, etc, etc -- ran it on the bottle,
too.  Even sectioned the wheels to widen them.  The exhaust was a dual
system ran through a set of tight mufflers with cut-outs.  About the only
way you could tell the car had been altered was to get behind and if you
were paying attention you could see the tires were much wider than they
should have been, and you could just see the exhaust tips poking down in
front of the rear axle.

Well, that, and the tail lights pulling away from you (don't ask how I
know....).

Rich
(former stoplight jockey and bench racer)
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.