Continuing ignition saga

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Continuing ignition saga
From: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 20:51:01 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Good evening list:

I successfully removed the electronoic ignition device from the Midget.  Its a
Mobilec Limited, Model E20.  I've never heard of it before, but the label says
it was made in England.

I also discovered that the spring attachment in my distributor that tensions
the vacuum unit was bad, as well as the spring/weight assembly in the
distributor body.  It sems as though there is no easy way to replace that
spring, and that a new vacuum unit is required.  True?

Anyway, I am tweaking a second-hand Lucas dizzy from an earlier Spridget that
Frank was kind enough to provide, and will probably drop it in tommorrow or
Friday.

The wiring diagram that I have in my Hayne's book doesn't seem to describe the
points mechanism, there's just a big circle to represent the distributor.  I
thus assume that there should be one wire from the ignition switch going to the
positive coil terminal, and the wire from the LT terminal on the dizzy goes to
negative.  Will my tachometer still work, and if not, where does it need to be
connected?  Does it have anything to do with the brown&white (or yellow) wire
that was just hanging in space near the dizzy?
Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite