Re: LBC/Y2K

To: Bkitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: LBC/Y2K
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 18:38:07 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Annice, you are most welcome, but pesonally, I don't think that there are many
"real" Horler cars left. My reasoning being that with the early scarcity of
parts
and the influx of the "we tight" crowd, many of these cars are an unwitting
amalgamation of years in a sincere effort to keep them alive. I must admit that
while I was redoing the Sprite the parts came from any year that had the item
"close enough for government work" without thought to whether the part # was
correct for the year of manufacture. Of course there are people (most notably
and
successfully, Frank, as well as others), that will take these cars and build
them
to suit their particular wants and desires. I understand the most notable is the
upgrade to the 1275 but the flexibility of the body throughout the years makes
any type of Spridget an affordable possibility. I recall a Johnny Cash song
(can't remember the title cuz I was 5 or 6 at the time) about a Caddillac he
made
from parts he took home from the factory. Although the concept at the time was
humorous I think our cars show how possible it is to do such a thing. So I guess
in Jay speak, I'll sign off

Brad Fornal
in some big state
Sprite of mostly '68 vintage
Midget from mid-60's to mid-70's parts
Both are true British Blue-Bloods for sure