RE: Spare 948

To: "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>
Subject: RE: Spare 948
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 08:57:33 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I have contacted several list members directly regarding 948 engine parts.
Given this list discussion topic, I'll chime in. I have been helping to
build 948 race motors for a good friend of mine to run in H Production SCCA
National racing for the last 15 years. Each season it takes just little more
power for him to be competitive. (or to overcome the onset of old age) We
are now pulling over 95 horsepower from these antiques. At this level things
break. Even crankshafts. So what was junk to you is treasure to us. Well
maybe not treasure. But I would like to talk to any of you that have good
usable 948 crankshafts for sale.

Tom Speed
Retired MG Racer
'76 MG Midget (Project car for my son)