Re: Cold Weather Starting

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "chuck" <chuckc@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Cold Weather Starting
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 17:12:20 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Both my Midget and my BGT start just fine in cold weather
and I am running the sports coil in both. I am running the
Pertronix elec ign. in both though. I pull the choke out half way,
blip the key for a second or two to get oil press, let it sit a second or two
and the next time I turn the key they fire right up.
My BGT has been this way as long as I've owned it.
I'd have to say the worst the BGT has seen is probably -10 F.
It is my year round daily driver.
The Midget is still too new (to me) to comment on it's ease
of starting in REALLY cold weather.

Paul Tegler
OBie - '73 BGT - Daily Driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Rat -'80 Spitfire  - fledgling recently left the nest
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit80.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - finally home
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html
email: wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com