Re: Water temp guage

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water temp guage
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 21:01:13 EST
Gerard,
      The fluid is reagent grade alcohol, and as I recall from an ancient
shop manual that the alcohol (don't recall the quantity... sorry) is added
via syringe thru the tube at the gage end, and the open end is machine
crimped. Denatured alcohol is extrmely volatile, and by the time you got the
tube hot enough to solder, I have a feeling that the alcohol would either
evaporate or torch off.
       Nowadays, I don't have time to bench fix them, so I send out.....  I
have a feeling that there is at least one good soul at Nisonger's who would
spill the beans and pass along their trade secrets....
       Mark Childers    Union Jack Spares  VA Beach VA