Near to a solution, $(*&^ Lucas

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Near to a solution, $(*&^ Lucas
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 22:30:23 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Dear list:

Well, I finally have gotten (almost) my ignition system problem straightened
out.  I got the car running today.  For about 5 seconds.  (Hey, its an
improvement over the previous condition).  I think I have discovered the
problem.  Hopefully it is the only problem.

Among the items that I have changed, I have had two different new Lucas
rotors in the distributor.  Since I'm getting spark at the points, but not
at the plugs, and the wires and distributor cap are new, what else could be
the problem?

I went out and picked up a third Lucas rotor, installed it, and got the car
to run for another five seconds.  Took the distributor cap off, and sure
enough, the rotor was loose, even though it is sitting exactly where it is
supposed to be.

How the hell could Lucas #(*&$ up a @#($*&ing rotor?!?!?  Its just a piece
of plastic that comes out of a mold!  Does this mean that all Lucas rotors
produced in the last batch are bad?

A whole month of motoring wasted...

Regards,

Charles