Wiring Woes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring Woes
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 08:24:44 -0600
Listers:

Am doing a bit of work to a '74 Midget (GAN5UE144???), particularly, the
wiring - Lord Lucas is having a party in the loom, I suspect.

* Instrument lights only work slowly or occasionally.

* The turn signal indicators run slow or intermittently.

* The heater fan works whether the ignition is on or not (sometimes it
didn't even do that, but I found a bad connection in the bullets at the
back of the fan).

Is there some common problem other than bad connections, or should I just
take the easy way out and replace the entire harness?

Also, are the fuses numbered beginning closest to the firewall, or at the
other end?  And what is an appropriate non-Lucas replacement fuse?  These
are all rated at "35A/17A Continuous" (for that matter, are the fuses of
the appropriate rating?).

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
'86 Ford Crown Victoria LTD "BarcaLounger on Wheels"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.