Re: Murphy's Garage rules.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Murphy's Garage rules.
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 10:51:05 -0800
R. Toby Atwater wrote:

> Got this stuff from a guy on the Land Cruiser mailing list.  Changed for
> spridgets.
>
> Garage rules...
> 1.  The time is takes to find a tool is directly proportional the immediate
> need.
>
> 2.  The rate at which my floor jack drops my Sprite is proportional to how
> carefully I'm trying to let it down.
>
> 3.  The simple act of tightening the last bolt on a long job to fix a leak
> will simultaneously spring a leak somewhere else on the Sprite.
>
> 4.  a.  All horizontal space will become occupied by "stuff"
>      b.  If I want more "stuff", I only need to add more horizontal space.
>
> 5.  I will find a lost tool upon my return from Sears to buy the
> replacement.
>
> 6.  a.  I never make really embarrassing mistakes while working in the
> garage alone.
>      b.  The magnitude of an embarrassing mistake is directly proportional
> to the number of people watching/helping.
>
> 7.  My drink is always on the other side of the Sprite.
>
> 8.  a.  The phone will ring just as I get my hands really dirty.
>      b.  The caller will hang up as soon as I get my hands clean enough to
> answer the phone.
>
> 9.  Regardless of how much I sweep, scrub, mop, and vacuum, there will still
> be kitty litter somewhere on the floor.
>
> 10.  My metric tools are always easy to find.
>
> 11. Axel stands are nowhere to be found untill you make do with some 2 by
> 4s.
>
> 12. You always feel safer testing out your axel stands by rocking the sprite
> from side to side.
>
> 13. Droped sockets will roll untill they are well hidden under some bench or
> other big equipment.
>
> 14. No matter how careful you are with the crowbar, you will always chip
> some paint.
>
> 15. When you lose patiance, you often times lose skin\fingers\knuckles or a
> combination.
>
> 16. Used oil vats are a magnet to droped bolts and or sockets.
>         a) Its always worth trying to fish it out than going out and finding
> a replacement.
>         b) While trying to fish it out and with used oil up to your elbow,
> you ultimatly find that socket you were looking for yesterday.

One that sort of belongs on that list is, " The more confident you state
something, the more certain that proof to the contrary will appear."

This occurred this weekend while my Fiance and I were driving down the
Highway and a very old Landcruiser passed by us. I stated, take a good
look at that, you probably will never see another one of those. Only to
be passed by three more within twenty miles..... had to think about ya
Toby. One was an odd looking slightly newer Landcruiser with four square
headlights, had not seen one of those before.

Oh well, live and learn

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC
LBC and SUV'ed and not driving any of them.

PS, anyone got any experience with Kawasaki KZ 900's, just picked one up
for $75, and need some advice.