ken, yes!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: ken, yes!
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 03:54:43 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
back in the late 70's i ran my bugeye in the blue mountain region scca's
autocross series.  there were some seriously prepared corvettes that were
running that series.  it always amazed me that they frequently complained
about my lbc showing up.  they were fast but had too much horsepower to do
well on tight tracks(big cone eaters).  i ran flat out between the corners
and pretty hard through the corners, where they went from corner to corner
in what seemed like no time at all.   but they had trouble slowing down to
get a line on the corners and adhesion problems if too much throttle coming
out of the corners.  it was always funny how we ran very similar times with
such difrent weight and sized cars.   but i did notice that tire pressures
and being able to keep from the cone eating penalties had a lot to do with
where it all ended up at the end of a day (f.t.d. speaking).  having a feel
for driving is a real plus too.  but having a well prepared machine was a
big step in the right direction.
and tire know how was what did it some days.

chuck
1980 B.M.R. SCCA D/P solo 2 region champion
and i still read too much!