Re: Electrons, another government cover-up?

To: rob thomas <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Subject: Re: Electrons, another government cover-up?
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 15:08:51 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
rob thomas wrote:

> At 'skool' they taught us that electrons were too small to be seen with the
> naked (pardon me) eye but I'm sure I saw some a few minutes ago.  I was
> playing around with the wiring in the Sprite and must have spliced the wires
> badly somewhere.  When I connected the battery, all the electrons escaped
> from the loom.  Honest!  A big cloud of them!  I could see they were
> white/grey!  When the last one had escaped, the battery was dead.  I think
> electrons may be corrosive as the plastic around the wires is all melted.

That was smoke, a component of all electric devices.  But I have never heard
of smoke being corrosive, so maybe you saw both smoke and electrons, where
the electrons are the corrosive element.  Not sure which one smells and why
different components contain different smoke.  But some smoke smells worse
then others.

Bill

PS. It is very bad if the smoke converts to heat.  This will change
the smoke to fire, ruining more electric components, releasing more smoke.