Re: 1967 Austin Healey Sprite...

To: chaz2@gis.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1967 Austin Healey Sprite...
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 23:44:50 EST
In a message dated 01/15/2000 9:33:17 PM Mountain Standard Time,
chaz2@gis.net writes:

>  Hi All,
>   I am looking at my first Sprite and need some help. I found a 1967 for
>  $900.00. The question is how much rust should I tolerate...Rusty cars
>  are easy to find here in New England! I enjoy working on cars and look
>  forward to restoring one. Is it going to be easier to find one with less
>  rust or just buy new panels? Any input will be appreciated....I am sure
>  there will be plenty. I can e-mail pics but do not have a web site up
>  yet..
>   Charles Markham

Charlie,

Buy a rusty one that runs good and then come to Spridgetfest this sring with
a Pick up truck or a trailer...Fisher can fix you up with a Texas tub and
fenders, for a decent price I'm sure...Heck, Bring the rust bucket and we
could make it a project to all pitchin and change out the running gear.

Frank, we'll need you.........

Robert Houston