RE: Fw: cool ... no lbc (I can vouch for this)

To: <RBHouston@aol.com>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fw: cool ... no lbc (I can vouch for this)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 21:38:52 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
I can provide a more recent example.  Back in high school (end of the '80s)
we had a Track Meet in mid April on a Friday afternoon in Fort Worth.
Beautiful sunny skies, and 75 degrees.   Didn't think anything of it.  Went
camping on a field trip that night, and as we all fell asleep around 11pm,
it was still in the mid 60s.  I noticed a ring around the moon and noted we
may have rain overnight.  Sure enough, we had precipitation.  But the
temperature wouldn't allow it to rain.  It dropped into the 20s before dawn
and there was six inches of ice, sleet and snow on the ground, with more
falling all the time.  That was quite a shock to wake up to that,
considering the conditions when we went to sleep!!!  No one had warm
clothes, cars would start, but we were parked in river bottoms, and no one
has 4X4 capability to get up the muddy and icy hill!!!  That was quite a
memory.  So those going to SpridgetStock, be prepared for any weather from 0
to 100 degrees!!!!  Who knows what you'll get!

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Dublin, CA