Re: 210 engine/tranny transplant

To: Adrian Barnes <adrian@workgroup.net>
Subject: Re: 210 engine/tranny transplant
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 11:48:50 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Adrian Barnes wrote:

> I recently talked to someone who had a 1500 Midget which had been converted
> to the Datsun 210 engine and tranny.  The thing about it I liked was that it
> didn't require any cutting, like the Toyota or Mazda conversion.  Does
> anybody have any information about this conversion?  I know of a Midget
> needing an engine, and a 210 willing to donate.  :-)

Adrian

I thought that the 210 transmission went with the 1275 engine and there
is a kit supplied by Rivergate.  The 1500cc engine can use either
a Spitfire OD unit or a Ford T9 transmission (from a Mekur (sp?))
and there is a kit supplied by FrontLine Spridgets.  I think those
are the most common options if you want to keep the original engine.

Is there another game in town?

Bill Gilroy

PS.  I like the Frontline kit but it is pricey and I am not sure about
the availability of trannies in the states.