Stuck brake

To: "Spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stuck brake
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:23:32 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello,

I am ready to attempt my first "repair" on my bugeye.  I think my left rear
brake is stuck.  It seems as though the emergency brake release feel funny
when I release it. Also when I step on the brakes the car drifts to the
right as though the left rear is not doing anything. I drove it a few
blocks, smelled a burring smell and went straight home.

Should I just pull the wheel off and see what I can see or is there
something simple and obvious (I hope) I need to look at first.  Something
like the emergency brake release is stuck or something.

Thanks in advance.

Scott Lewis