Re: Thrust washers was Re: Buying a 1500 engine for a Midget(Warning)

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, maine2me@yahoo.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net, MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thrust washers was Re: Buying a 1500 engine for a Midget(Warning)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:00:48 EST
In a message dated 1/18/00 3:38:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Daniel1312@aol.com writes:

<< Get the thrust washers drilled and pegged (pinned) on the rebuild. >>

Agree wholeheartedly!!!!   The POs mechanic did that on my 1500 and it hasnt
given me a moment's trouble.  When I first disassembled it for new bearings,
I was surprised to find it and thought this was the dumbest thing I ever saw.
  But as I learned more about he slippage of the  thrust washers, it became
apparant that my engine had been handled by a genious.

--David C.