Re: High beam dip switch

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: High beam dip switch
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:05:53 -0600
This isn't really very helpful either, but I thought I'd take a look in
some of the old Lucas parts boxes that we have.  I found the correct
switch, but it didn't have a gasket included in it, some of the older parts
have auxilliary items like that included in them - but this one doesn't.  I
did, however, find another switch - but for a Mini - that has a _grey_
gasket in it.  (Before any of you decide to take me to task over my
spelling I should point out that I am far too old to change the habits of a
lifetime - and, incidentally how do you Americans spell 'greyhound' - I
rest my case I realise that this just clouds the issue, but, given the
recent threads I judged it more prudent to have some LBC content,
especially if we are now all in a race to get our input numbers up.

        Like Ed, I usually reply directly to the person asking the question,
perhaps I should stop employing this practice.......................?

        Just as a point of interest Allen, if I really was in 'Control of the
List' it would be absolute mayhem.  Unless, of course, I had my witches hat
on, and then I'd just have to wriggle my nose and all would be in order again.

        As for these naked pagans, they aren't going to sit at my dining table
either, SO THERE!!!!!!!!!  Now, Druids, in flowing white robes, just might
be considered - did y'all (Texan content) know that we have a Texas version
of Stonehenge just a few miles from Kerrville?

        Are we all getting ready for "Spridgetstock 2000"  (This very suitable
title provided by courtesy of the illustrious Ron Soave) ?

        The local MG clubbers may be in attendance.  I am even looking into
getting some live entertainment.  NO prizes given for the kind of
entertainment it will be- those of you that know me will realise that it
will be suitable.  Robert, are you going to bring Don along with you - I
could try to feed him up again?

        On another note, for any of you that might be interested, we finally
went
to court on Monday and received the Legal Custody of Fisher's grandson.  We
don't even have to provide visitation for either of his parents!!!!!!!!!!
I feel very well pleased with this outcome, although it was nerve wracking
beforehand - but we DID IT!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth
Sitting in Comfort and enjoying ALL the banter - it helps to make my day a
little lighter!!

At 09:19 AM 1/19/00 -0800, Mike Maclean wrote:
>I recently did some work in the floor area of my Bugeye restoration on the
>driver's side.  I reinstalled the "dipper" switch with the original cardboard
>piece.  Although it is now 40 years old, and faded there seems to be a
reddish
>orange tint in a few spots on one side.  No idea the original shade of
red, but
>from the looks of it a dull orange-red color.  I had to replace the floor
because
>somebody obviously left the top off when it rained so water may have faded
the
>cardboard also.
>Mike Maclean-60 Sprite
>P.S. Someone somewhere has an original piece of cardboard, never
installed.  Keep
>checking EBAY, maybe you'll find one for 100 bucks. ;^)
>
>type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>
>> Well,
>> That could be, but in all of my experience, I have only seen tannish
cardboard
>> and never red.
>> Jay Fishbein
>>
>> "Hanna, Mark" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Bob ,
>> > The "Sprite Concours Standards" is where I read that this piece was
red in
>> > colour.
>> > Mark Hanna
>> > AN5