internet interschmet, lbcus lackus

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: internet interschmet, lbcus lackus
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:39:31 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
ok i am prompted to ask about internet providers , their charges and what do
you get for the financial inconvieniences?

one might say" what prompted this outcry chuck?"

i have (like it is not obvious) earthlink. it costs 19.95 i believe it is
per month.  it is being automatically billed to a credit card.  the card has
hit it's limit and i requested that i be billed monthly by mail.  as to stop
the automatic charges to my credit card.  i am told (as of this afternoon)
that i can not have that done!  do i have another credit card to use to
secure "the account" they asked?  my reply was no!  ok i have another card,
but i want to keep track of the payments and do not want an automatic charge
to any account i posess.  i will have this account untill feb 12th since it
is paid through that date.  the attendant states that i "must " close my
account! i try to explain that this credit card is overdrawn and if they
attempt to charge another month it will not go through.  the attendant
states that "we(earthlink) do not bill anyone for an account and do business
only by electronic funds transfer".  fine!  i figure that they will figure
out that the account will/must be closed if they are unable to process their
electronic funds transfer(considering a call to my credit card company to
inform them not to accept any transactions involving earthlink).  i now am
challenged to find an inexpensive internet provider that wil bill me
directly for each month so i can track my expenses and keep charges off my
credit card that are done and i just do not remember(yes i read the
statements).

so here is my quest for off list replies( you are all going to be just going
crazy with curiosity) as to what providers are being used and their costs
and..........are you satisfied with their service .    and can they provide
an old fashioned monthly bill to a customer?

ok all you hipsters ,  lets see who has a good deal and who has been getting
the dirty end of the stick(do not ask the roots of that phrase as it was
told to me by a high school instructor over 25 years ago, it's yucky!)

please do not reply on the list unless you are really into getting those
post tallys up, or someone's anger up.

chuck.
for now cfchrist@earthlink.net
i am fumed and not going to take it any more, i think,  well ....at least a
definite maybe!