gloating

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: gloating
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:32:32 -0800 (PST)
Okay, I've chipped away for two days asking lots of LBC questions and trying
to add to the car content for the chit-chat challenged, but now its my turn
to digress.
Tonight I put in a new manifold gasket that got me back up to speed and went
out for a test drive.  Noticing the light on in the carport of a local
un-driven MGB owner friend of mine, I made sure to double back, put a big
s**t-eating grin on my face and pulled up behind him.  I gently bumped the
pedal now and again as we chatted so he could hear the sound of a happy LBC.
He was struggling to fix a modern econo-box next his moth-balled MGB.  Told
him he was working on the wrong car.  Made darn sure to wind it up proper on
the way out.  Hope to see the tarp off the MGB sometime soon, as he looked
pretty darn jealous.  I've got to work on my mean streak someday.
                                        Regards, Glen Byrns