rear hubs/half shaft

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear hubs/half shaft
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 15:41:57 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello all from a perrennial lurker.  While the Meejut is sleeping under
winter anesthesia, i though I'd replace the wire wheel hubs in the rear.
Wheels as well of course as they are all shot.   So I got the drum off and
then the half shaft came out of the basket with the hub attached.
Questions:
1.  How the devil do I get the hub off the half shaft????  Is it threaded?
or just pressed.
2.  Question one will probably answer this:  How do I fit the new hub?
3.  Do I have to remove the basket cover to refit the half shaft?  Any tips
here?  Anything  else I should be replacing?  No leaks seen, pads OK.
4.  The bolts that hold the hub and drum as a sandwich:  how are they
replaced?  I can probably use the ones there, but they are somewhat dinged
up and if replacement is not too hard.....
5.  And last but not least:  any direction to point me for purchasing hubs
and wheels?  Anyone got used set for sale???
Thanks for all the help, in advance.  Chins up fellows, another 6 weeks of
this and we'll be into spring.  Well maybe 8 or ten.....

Geoff Branch
'74 Meejut  "Yellow Peril"