Re: Tranny tunnel differences?

To: "Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>, "'David Riker'" <davidr@sunset.net>
Subject: Re: Tranny tunnel differences?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:08:35 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The Spit O/D tranny won't fit in the tunnel of a Spridget
in stock shape.
You'd have to widen the tunnel nearly 1.5" on both side to get it
to clear the width of the O/D unit.

Back in '81 I had a wrecked '80 Spit with a beautiful 1500 and O/D
just begging to go into my '73 Midget.
But the tunnel work smartened me up. I stopped before I began.

(Then again, I didn't have a garage at the time. I had one for the
following 18 years but I'm back in the same boat again with
no garage at the moment.)

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html