actual speed vs. speedo

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: actual speed vs. speedo
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:23:57 -0800 (PST)
Fellow spridgeteers,

I should be embarassed to ask since I know the proper formula, but I know
one of you out there is a whiz who can compute this in your head as quickly
as I can compute 'gear inches' for bicycles.
I have a standard ribcase tranny, stock bugeye diff. (4.2?) and am running
145 SR 13 tires with moderate wear.  In fourth gear, at 70 MPH indicated on
the speedo, I show almost exactly 5000 rpm.
What is the actual speed? Are different speedo drive gears available to
correct the reading?
                                Many thanks, Glen Byrns

PS. Math is what drove me from physics to biology.