flight humor, no lbc implied or intended!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: flight humor, no lbc implied or intended!
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 17:25:57 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
when my father was taking flying lessons i rode along almost evry weekend
with him and his instructor.  one time we were invited to go along
somewhere( i do not remember where ) with a fellow who had a twin engine
piper i think it was a comanche.  the entire flight both ways was
uneventfull untill it was landing time back at queen city airport in
allentown pa. (previously convair airport).  he made his aproach and was
decending towards the end of the runway.  no problem right?  wrong!  we were
landing with the wind instead of into the wind!  we were almost halfway down
the runway and still about 10 feet up off the runway still decending!  my
father said ya gonna land or go around? the pilot said aw this is nothing!
down around 5' he flat slamed us down on the runway and cut the throttles
and jammed the brakes and barely stoped it by the end of the runway!  we
never flew with him again! hmmmm, i wonder why!  you should have heard that
poor piper flex and pop when it hit the runway fron 5' off the runway!

by the way, dad owned a ww2 pt26, piper j-3 cub and a stinson.  friend had a
forney aircoupe and a aeronca c2.   i grew up with planes!(along with the
cars)  grandfather was an a&p lic. mechanic.

chuck