Old Speckled Hen & Abingdon

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Old Speckled Hen & Abingdon
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 22:55:22 EST
Fellow ale lovers:

While I was in England last fall I had the opportunity to visit Abingdon.  I
made a point to stop at the Magic Midget pub which is located near the former
site of the MG works.  I had pictured in my mind an older building with wood
paneled walls covered with memorabilia. Instead it was a very new
establishment with a bowling alley (one lane) at one end and maybe 4 - 5 MG
related items on the walls.  My disappointment was further enhanced by the
fact that they didn't have OSH on tap!!   (they did have it in bottles, but I
think it's a sin to drink bottled beer in a pub).  There was a Midget
pictured on their outside sign at least.  BTW, they were in the process of
tearing down the last remaining factory building to make way for a new police
station.  That's progress for ya.

Pete G.
Longing to return to the land of hand pulled ales.